Getting Ready for BBQ SeasonMay 06, 2022 • Posted by: Emma Chapman
BBQ season is around the corner! Get ready for warm weather and dinners on the patio with this delicious Double Cheese Steak Burger from Castello Cheese.
Double the cheese, double the pleasure – this recipe will wrap your steak and vegetables in matured cheddar goodness. Made with Castello Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar, it has an almost nutty and sweet – yet savoury – taste that will make these steak burgers an instant hit. Try them for yourself!
- 6 burger buns
- 6 burgers, 125 g each steak or ground beef
- 1 pack Castello® Tickler™ Extra Mature Cheddar
- Sweet mustard
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- Salad leaves
- Slice open the buns, and spread a thin layer of mustard on both sides. Then place a slice of Castello Mature Cheddar on both sides. Warm them in the oven at 200°C until the cheese has melted.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Fry in a hot pan (or on the barbecue). Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- On the bottom bun, layer salad leaves, onions, tomato and then the meat. On the top bun, add a bit more mustard and ketchup. Pop it on top and enjoy your burger!