Ricotta Cheese Brunch Recipe IdeasMar 27, 2022 • Posted by: Emma Chapman
Ricotta cheese is a great addition to your next brunch date! Check out these delicious recipes using Tre Stelle® Ricotta.
Nothing says comfort more than the smell of cinnamon and the lusciousness of Ricotta in these hard-to-resist rollups!
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white bread
- 1 cup | 250 mL Tre Stelle® Extra Smooth Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup | 125 mL icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1 cup | 250 mL granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp | 15 mL ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup | 175 mL butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Trim crusts from bread and flatten each slice with a rolling-pin.
- In a medium bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese and icing sugar; stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of Ricotta Cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Roll up, jelly roll style.
- Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Sweet little mouthfuls of decadence. Easy to make and both the filling and the pastry can be prepared ahead of time and filled just before serving.
- 1 pkg | 400 g refrigerator pie crusts (2)
- 3 tbsp | 45 mL coarse natural sugar (Turbinado)
- 1 tsp | 5 mL ground cinnamonFilling
- 1 tub | 475 g Tre Stelle® Extra Smooth Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup | 125 mL confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 tsp | 5 mL vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp | 15 mL freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL miniature chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Unroll pie crusts to a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle tops equally with sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a rolling pin, lightly roll over the surface of each crust so that the topping is incorporated into the pastry.
- Using a 2 1/2” round cookie cutter cut out circles and place into an ungreased mini tart tin.
- Prick each pastry with the tines of a fork a couple of times to avoid excess rising.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from tin once cooled.
- Meanwhile prepare filling.
- In a medium bowl combine all of ingredients and blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Place filling in a large freezer bag or decorating bag with a large star tip.
- If using a plastic bag, cut the bottom corner off of it.
- Fill each cup with approximately 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Top with chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or a little dusted cocoa.
The macro nutrients of Ricotta cheese contributes to your energy needs and makes for an easy, fulfilling breakfast.
- 4 cups | 1 L old fashioned oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1 cup | 250 mL fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp | 5 mL salt
- ¾ cup | 175 mL Tre Stelle® Extra Smooth, Regular or Light Ricotta Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups | 625 mL water
- 1 cup | 250 mL orange juice
- 1 tsp | 5 mL vanilla
- Additional Tre Stelle® Ricotta Cheese and fresh blueberries for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, fresh blueberries, salt and Ricotta.
- Add water, orange juice and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour into a buttered 8 cup baking dish and bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven and serve warm; top with additional Ricotta and fresh blueberries if desired.
This warm and melty breakfast goodie is worth waking up to!
- 12 slices baguette, sliced 1/2”thick
- 3/4 cup | 175mL Tre Stelle® Extra Smooth Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup | 50mL strawberry preserves
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup | 250mL milk
- 1 tsp | 5mL vanilla
- 1/2 tsp | 2mL cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Confectioners sugar, sliced strawberries and maple syrup for garnish if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
- Spread approximately one teaspoon of Ricotta and a 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserve onto each of the 6 baguettes slices.
- Top with remaining slices.
- Dip in egg mixture and cook on griddle until egg mixture is cooked and tops are golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and maple syrup if desired.
Find everything you need for these brunch recipes on our online store. Shop now!